Recently, CNN.com did an article on people who relocated internationally when their local job market in the US dried up. Have you considered a relocation to a new destination for a job opportunity? What are the factors that would entice you to relocate for work? For these 7 stories of international relocation it shows how relocation can give people new opportunities to remake their careers. Is a relocation what you need to find your dream job? In addition, if you have taken a relocation before answer the poll question below and let us know in the comments how relocation has affected your life and career.
Why did they relocate for work?
Here are the 7 inspiring stories of international relocation from the article, No Jobs in the US? I’m moving!:
- Two grads start a business in China
- DC retailer promotes teen startups in Chile
- Travel editor saves money in Asia
- Business major gets in on Panama’s boom
- Wanderer stays put in Paris
- Wall Streeter moves to Buenos Aires
- Teacher gets her start in Kuwait
These stories show how taking a global relocation is an opportunity to find your dream career. For the poll question in this post choose the answer that was leading reason you decided to take a relocation.